- Establishing Faith (Phase I)
- Laying Foundations (Phase II)
- Equipping for Ministry (Phase III)
- Leadership Manuals
- Christian Growth Checklist (CGC)
- Restoring Your Heart
We continually revise and add to the publications we offer to disciple builders. To order any of these materials, learn more here.
Establishing Faith (Phase I)
At the beginning of the Establishing Faith phase (“Cultivating Interest” Phase I-A) a person is not yet a believer and needs to hear the Good News about Jesus Christ in a culturally relevant manner. As God the Holy Spirit works through the Gospel and the means of grace, the new birth occurs as the person repents and confesses his sin, and places his faith in God.
NOTE: At this time, WDA does not offer evangelism resources for Phase IA. However, the following material (especially Who is God?) can be adapted and effectively used as an evangelistic resource. Our Equipping for Ministry (Phase III) materials contain evangelism training resources, but we suggest finding approaches that are culturally-specific and most relevant to each ministry.
After the new birth, the disciple needs to grow spiritually, know God personally, and learn the foundational truths and practices of the Christian life. (This happens during “Providing Follow-Up” Phase I-B)
We have the following materials in this Phase:
- Who is God? focuses on some of God’s attributes that relate directly to salvation (His holiness, justice, righteousness, wrath, love, mercy and grace). This material also underscores the importance of repentance and faith as our response to the Gospel and looks at the biblical doctrines that provide an assurance of salvation.
- Beginning Concepts introduces a new believer to several of the foundational truths of the Christian life: The Word of God, Prayer, Fellowship, Worship and Baptism. In addition, the concepts of being filled with the Holy Spirit and walking in the Spirit are explored.
Each of these resources consist of 5 Question/Answer sessions that can be used in a one-one setting or with a small group. Each study also includes detailed Leader’s Instructions to help keep preparation to a minimum.
- Getting Started is designed to help the new believer begin to get established in his relationship with God. It covers topics such as assurance of salvation, baptism and the role of the Holy Spirit.
This resource consists of 7 Pocket Principles that can be distributed and then discussed with a mentor, and 7 parallel Teaching Outlines that can be taught as messages.